WordPress continues to follow its roadmap: the most popular CMS on the market has just announced the release of beta 1 of WordPress 6.0! A test phase which takes place 6 weeks before the release of the final version, scheduled for May 24.
WordPress 6.0 brings its share of new features
Beta 1 of WordPress 6.0 offers to test many features, both in terms of design and design and ergonomics.
Among the new options related to the design of your site:
- Change of style: it is now possible to change the appearance of your page via a block theme, without having to change the theme entirely. WordPress 6.0 also supports local fonts API with PHP or theme.json, which increases the possibilities in terms of styling.
- Saving styles: you can save custom styles, both for your blocks and for your buttons.
Regarding the design:
- Additional templates: access blocks to edit 5 more additional templates namely author, date, categories, tag and taxonomy.
- Improved design tools: WordPress 6.0 features a new color panel, more transparency options, additional group block variants, and the ability to choose a cover image and control its exact size.
- New Blocks: Discover new blocks such as Comments, Learn More, No Results in Query Loop, Author Bio, and Avatar.
WordPress 6.0 also offers new features for ergonomics:
- Multiple selection: select text from several different blocks, and edit it more easily.
- Blocking of the user interface: you can disable the option that allows you to move or delete a block, directly within the editor.
- List View Improvements: WordPress 6.0 includes new keyboard shortcuts to select multiple blocks for editing, or to view your content more easily with the default collapsed view.
Note: WordPress reminds that this version is still under development and specifies that you should not “install, run and test this version of WordPress on a production or critical website”.
From English to Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Turkish and more… We translate every themes and plugins text line of your WordPress site instead of translating them yourself line by line. Thus you can save time and energy to focus on your business.